is a graduate (1992) of the Music Industry Arts programme
of Fanshawe College in London Ontario. MIA is the most
respected recording engineering and production programme
of Steve's production and engineering can be downloaded
on the Multi-media page.
Since 1990, Steve has been a freelance recording producer
and engineer, working in Montreal, Ottawa, Hamilton,
London (Ontario), Los Angeles and Chihuahua (Mexico).
Studios included KA Sound, Sound Of One Hand, Studio
Économik and Savage Studios.
produced recordings for the following artists:
- Quarter Session (Dundas, Ontario)
- El Groupo Astro (Mexico)
- Sweet Refrain, St. Paul’s Folk Choir, (Dundas,
- Avalon String Ensemble (Dundas, Ontario)
- Sally Thompson (Ottawa singer/songwriter)
- The Sixth Sense (Montreal)
- The Bremen Town Musicians (Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa)
- The Vancouver Island Symphony Orchestra (Nanaimo,
- Adrift (Montreal punk band)
Since 1987, Steve has been a freelance live sound engineer,
working in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, London
(Ontario), Los Angeles, Vermont and Chihuahua (Mexico).
been a sound engineer for the following artists:
- Phil Collins (assistant sound), Savage Studio in Montreal,
and Skydome in Toronto
- Nickelback (monitor mix)
- Matthew Goode Band (monitor mix)
- Jennifer Baton, guitarist for Michael Jackson (FOH
- Terry Bozzio, drummer for Frank Zappa and U.K (FOH
- Luke Duccette, guitarist for Sarah MacLachlan (FOH
- The Mahones, Kingston Celtic rock band - FOH sound,
two Canadian tours
- The Vancouver Island Symphony Orchestra (sound engineer
and production manager) Nanaimo, BC
- Corporate show clients include IBM, CIBC, Trimark,
and the City of Montreal. Sound companies includ ABC
Sonorization, Systemes Guinois, Axial Lighting &
Productions, Frischkorn Productions.
Steve has worked on the sound crew for the following
- Céline Dion, Molson Centre, Montreal, and Savage
- 54-40 (Nanaimo, BC)
- Blue Rodeo (Nanaimo, BC)
- The Skydiggers (Canadian East Coast tour)
- Philosopher Kings (Nanaimo, BC)
- Paul Brandt (Nanaimo, BC)
Refer to the Author page for
details on Steve’s contributions to Canadian Musician
and other music trade magazines.